Applications to the Court of Protection

When a loved one loses mental capacity it can be devastating. There may be difficult decisions to make such as whether or not they can continue to stay in their home.  It may be that the cost of care means that their home needs to be sold.

However if there is no Lasting or Enduring Power of Attorney in place, the only other option is to make an application to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a deputy. Once appointed this will give you broadly the same powers as if you were their attorney under an LPA.

This is an expensive and time consuming application, however sometimes there is no other choice and we will endeavour to ensure there are no unnecessary delays in submitting your application.